ENSEMBLE THEATRE 2017-2018 SEASON AUDITIONS:
Ensemble Theatre announces general auditions for our 2017-2018 Season, "We The People" and Shaharzad Theatre Company's Inaugural production "Caucasian Chalk Circle".
When: Saturday May 27th from 3-7pm and Sunday May 28th from 3-7pm.
Where: Ensemble Theatre. 2843 Washington Blvd. Cleveland Hts., OH 44118.
What to prepare: Please prepare two contrasting monologues. (Classical or Contemporary).
Auditions slots are 10 minutes so please consider this when choosing monologues.
Callbacks: Tuesday May 30th and Wednesday May 31st from 6pm-9pm.
- Please fill out email form at the bottom of this notice to sign up for an audition slot.
- Please request a time in your first email. We will then schedule according to availability.
Please include "17-18 Season Auditions" in Subject Line.
- Please also indicate in message section if there is a particular show/role your are interested in!
Ensemble Theatre Main Stage auditions are open to AEA and Non-AEA actors. Non AEA Actors receive a stipend.
Ensemble Theatre operates on a Special Appearance contract with Actors' Equity Association.
Auditions are for the following shows as part of Ensemble's 2017-2018 Season, & Shaharzad's Inaugural production.
- WELL. By Lisa Kron. (books and lyrics for FUN HOME). 4w, 2m
Directed by Celeste Cosentino. September 29th-October 22nd.
The Role of Lisa Kron has been cast. (NYC Performance artist writing a play about her mother.)
Roles needed: Ann Kron (Lisa's Mother) 55-70. Woman 1: (Ensemble/Caucasian) 25-50. Plays Dottie, Joy, & Herself. Woman 2: (Ensemble/African American) 30-59. Plays Lori Jones, Kay, Mrs Price, Cynthia, & Herself.
Man 1: (Ensemble/African American): 20-59. Plays Jim Richardson, Nurse 2, Little Oscar, Big Oscar, & Himself. Man 2: (Ensemble/Caucasian) 20-59. Plays Howard Norris, Head Nurse, & Himself.
- THE HAIRY APE. By Eugene O'Neill. 7m, 2w
Directed by Ian Wolfgang Hinz. November 17th-December 10th.
Female roles age ranges 20-55 (Aunt and her niece).
Male roles: Yank: Burly sometimes menacing figure who sometimes has difficulty with thought.
2 men age range 50-60. Rest of men are 20-40.
Please CLICK HERE to a link with a list of characters and descriptions.
- ANGELS IN AMERICA Parts One & Two. By Tony Kushner. 5m, 3w.
Directed by Celeste Cosentino.
(Millennium Approaches: January 5th-January 28th). (Perestroika: April 27th-May 20th).
Please CLICK HERE to a link with a list of characters and the descriptions.
- JELLY BELLY. By Charles Smith. 4m, 1w (All African American).
Directed by Ian Wolfgang Hinz. February 9th-February 25th.
Roles: Barbara (20's/30s) Been around the block a few times. Married to Mike. Mike (20s/30s/40s) Construction worker doing the best he can. Bruce: (30-50). A junkie in the true sense of the word. He is not addicted to one drug, but a myriad of drugs. Kenny: (20's) A friend to Mike, Kenny is an innocent, amazed by the smallest wonders. Jelly Belly: Just a regular guy with a large belly that shakes like jelly.
Auditions for THE LITTLE PRINCE & THE 2018 COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL will be announced at a later date!
Auditions for Shaharazad Theatre Company's inaugural production "Caucasian Chalk Circle" are also being done during these time slots. Directed by Kyle Huff. 5m,5w. Actors will receive a modest stipend.
Roles Needed: Arkadi, The Singer -Male, 30s. Grusha, -Female, late 20s. Gerogi Abashwili, Governor -Male, late 40s. Governor's Wife - Female, early 30s. Simon, Soldier, -Male, late 20s. Azdak, Judge, -Male, 60s-70s.
And a cast of many more ensemble characters!
Audition Request Form:
- Additional "auditions" may be held on a show by show basis.
- The Ensemble Theatre casting/audition process is open to all ages and ethnicities. We encourage everyone who would like to audition to do so for any/all roles they are interested in. Roles are open to both traditional & non traditional casting with the exception where age or ethnicity is essential to the role.
We look forward to meeting you at auditions!